Thursday, August 04, 2005

Book Review: Hart's War



I can't remember when I got this book. All I know is that my father rented this book from the National Library, gave me a choice whether to read this book or a book with a women drawn on its cover. Needless to say, yours truly took this book and began reading it.

This is a story of a Tommy Hart, a law student turned pilot who became a prisoner of war after his bomber was shot down. Captured by the Germans, he led a routine life until a black flier joined the camp. Lincoln Scott was disliked because of his skin color, and was later accused of killing a very popular figure inside the camp. Scott was ordered to go on trial, like a court marshall. Hart was ordered to defend Scott and in the process revealing the truth on why Trader Vic (the man who holds hatred against Scott) was killed.

My father thought it was about a war like World War I & II, Cold War, and the rest. Well, most of the time, the war's actually took place in a courtroom. For those of you who are John Grisham fans, take note. Honestly I haven't read any of his works so... can't make a direct comparison.

John Katzenbach's rather average usage of words and sentences really transformed this book. It's not as hardcore as Tom Clancy, but it does make things easier to understand. Suspense are aplenty inside this book and the twists are tight. But perhaps the best thing about this book is the feeling that it creates. It stirs up my feeling everytime I read the book, something that other political/military novels fail to create. That, in my opinion, is a plus point.

This is my The Sight. A nine out of ten.

1 comment:

Garrion said...

DOOD... YOU TOOK A BOOK ON WAR AGAINST A BOOK WITH GIRLS IN IT!? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO MEN ALL OVER THE WORLD!? Lol, sounds like an interesting book. If its that interesting over girls, hand em over buster.